- Cost: $300 per month. No deposit, no utilities, no application fee.
- Dates: Available beginning August 1, 2020. You will be asked about your preferred start date and length of stay (one to three months) when you apply. Ad-hoc changes after that will be accommodated as feasible.
- Eligibility: You are a writer or artist experiencing financial stress and/or housing instability. Local (LA-based) applicants preferred; everyone is welcome.
- COVID safety topics: You will have your own bedroom, but will share common areas with two other residents, and as it is a shotgun house, other residents will need to pass through your area. There will be significant exposure to the other two residents. We will define a “code of conduct” as we accept candidates, so that before you join, you will have a chance to determine what (if any) common expectations residents have about managing individual exposure outside the home.
- Couples and families: We have very little ability to accommodate couples or families, mainly because of the beds in the home (double beds) and the realities of cohabitation in tight spaces during a pandemic. If you and a +1 are very flexible, we may be open to discussing with other residents — please apply and describe your circumstances.